Skip to content

I’m Not Losing It

March 24, 2009

My husband says that for someone as organized as me, I lose things a lot. Important things like keys, cell phones, money, whatever. Number one, I’m not that organized (obviously) and number two…oh never mind. I lost it.

Check out Soule Mama’s family board. So neat. I’m on the brink of some major steps toward leading a more organized life around here. (I’ve been on the brink for a while now, but this time it’s for real!) I know I sound like those people who always say they are starting their diet tomorrow. Well, this project is just creative enough for me to want to pull it off and just simple enough to be a realistic goal. I’ll keep you posted!

Speaking of which, I have only made my bed a few times in the last 3 weeks. I’ve spent so many spare moments catching up on sleep that I figured “what’s the point?” I remember reading once that making your bed is a simple thing you can do to make your room look about 80% neater, because it is such a big part of the room itself. Makes sense to me. Anyway, I took a picture on one of the days that I made it up and here it is. (not pictured: the other 20% of the room!!) I’m looking for something to put on the wall at the head of the bed to pull it all together. Any suggestions? I originally thought about a mirror, but have not yet found one that suits me. Maybe I’m too picky.
Any spring cleaning or organizing going on in your homes?

Advertisements
4 Comments leave one →
  1. Bethany permalink
    March 24, 2009 12:24 pm

    Yes, I’m finally meshing Jake’s and my file systems into one system which is taking a while. Spring organizing I guess not spring cleaning. As for cleaning yes, to that too. Yesterday I washed all dust ruffles, mattress pads, blankets, comforters, pillows, etc. along with the sheets and flipped mattresses.

  2. Natalie permalink
    March 24, 2009 3:03 pm

    Hmph. I feel like I am beyond help. My sister says she might come help me soon- organizing and I don’t get along all that great. I did do all my indian spices a few weeks ago, they are now labeled and in glass jars on a lazy susan as opposed to crammed in my pantry next to tools and half eaten pasta boxes…I love your quilt! I always make my bed right before my husband comes home to instantly tidy our room :-). I have the same predicament, no headboard and wondering what to put over top…I’ve been thinking a nice wreath, or comissioning my artist friend to paint something that matches my comforter. I’ll let you know what I decide.

  3. gina permalink
    March 24, 2009 3:56 pm

    bethany, you are a machine! bravo. and natalie, organized spices count for something, too, so don’t sweat it.

  4. Anonymous permalink
    March 25, 2009 11:25 am

    Happy Birthday, Gina. Hope you have a ton of hugs and kisses and smiles today. How could you not? I saw a nice headboard? wall decoration? over a bed in WV South magazine’s latest issue. Something similar in the colors of your lovely quilt could be crafted in your creative mind. A bit of fabric, a bit of plywood, …. handy mommy….you can do it! Yes you can.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: